DataPage that allows guest to register in Directory

Peterson

Question

I've been playing around with Directories (beta). First, it would be useful to assign authentications to Groups directly instead of using a view to filter by some other field. Second, it would be helpful to cleanup the URL branding somehow - a new user might feel like the site was hijacked by Caspio when the URL jumps to xyz123.caspio.app instead of linking within the current domain.

My immediate issue is that I would like guests to be able to register on our platform directly. Directories seems to handle contacts already in the Directory but there is not a built-in set of external registration forms. We have a simple registration form that collects First Name, Last Name and Email address. The system sends an email welcoming the user and it includes a link that must be used within 2 hours to establish a password. Directories does not yet have this functionality.

If I use our original registration form with the Directory, the user can establish a password BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME PASSWORD AS THE DIRECTORY. So, the user gets forwarded to the Directory sign-in page and their newly established password is useless. They would need to click the forgot password button and go through a similar workflow to establish the official Directory password. This process seems to render the Directory functionality somewhat useless due to the poor user experience. I don't see an option for a New User Registration page where they can setup First, Last, Email and Password in a single step (or two-step using an email verification).

Also, although Groups does not seem to do much yet, will we have a way to automate group assignment? For example, a hidden field on a registration page automatically assigns the user to a specific group while a different registration page automatically assigns the user to a different group, etc.

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

Up to now Directories seem a feature developed only for some enterprise CASPIO customers. To be truly usable it miss of:

1. A forgot password mechanism , allowing users to recover their psw 
  2. A self-registration capability

BUT I really believe that they are working on it.  And who knows, maybe in the end we will also have other useful features available!