passing parameters

dmivs612

Question

I have an application that begins with a search and report to put a particular user number to his name. The purpose is to launch a capture form that contains those values while creating a unique number for the newly launched capture form. Essentially it puts a source (dealer number and name) to a new customer transaction. I can enter the dealer number in the search and report and generate the name. I can pass the number to the customer capture form. But, I cannot pass the dealer name. Why can I only get the one value to pass its parameter?

5 answers to this question

If you are passing more than one parameter through the URL you need to add the second one using &, here is an example:

http://www.yourdomain.com/page.htm?param1=[@field:FIELDNAME]&param2=[@field:FIELDNAME]

This way param1 and param2 are being passed to the page.htm where you have your Web Form and you need to make sure on the Web Form you receive the parameters calling them by the same names as [@param1] and [@param2]

Hope this helps.

Best,

Bahar M.

Actually, I am passing it from Caspio search webform to a capture web page. The 1st is not in an authenticated folder. It permits the user to get to the form in the authenicated folder using only his passcode (from another source). The user enters the passcode and we want to pass the user's name (and eventually his logo) to the capture form he is completing about his customer information. There will be a large number of different users beginning the process this way.

So the way I envision this working is user search for the pass code, if code is found in the database, the record is returned in the results page. From here you should create a link to the Capture Web Form and pass the user's name through the link using the syntax provide in the previous response.

Best,

Bahar M.