Passing Parameter through login process

mark048

Question

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to pass an external parameter through the login process. The parameter passed fine using an external string. Now that I have added password protection, I cannot get it to pass through. I have tried adding a virtual field to the password prompt, and that accepts the parameter fine. However, the virtual field will not pass to the search box after login. I have all parameters enabled.

Can you not pass a virtual field forward? I have it set to pass, but it doesn’t?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

4 answers to this question

Hello Mark,

If you add the parameter you are receiving in login page, in the table that you have your username and password, then you can enable advanced option and receive that parameter . You can not pass virtual field from log in page. For sending that out it should be like: [@authfieldFIELDNAME]. For receiving it again in your search form you should receive in the same format as: [@authfieldFIELDNAME].

Regards,

Naghmeh

Hi Mark,

You can receive the parameter in the authentication table, pass it out from there, and then receive the parameter again on the DataPage. However, a virtual field won't work this way. You can insert a field into the table and use as the bridge to pass the parameter between the URL and the real DataPage. To receive the parameter on the login screen, edit the authentication and select 'custom' option on the first screen, then check the 'advanced options' on the same screen. Include the new field in, and you will be able to receive and pass out the parameter on the login screen. Then you just need to receive the parameter on your DataPage either on a hidden field, or receive the parameter as [@authefield:FIELDNAME].

Hello,

I tried doing that (earlier) and again now, but it will not log me in because I think it is compaing the recieved parameter to the blank authfield and says that "Authentication failed. The information you have provided cannot be authenticated. Check your login information and try again."

If I leave the text field that is recieving the parameter blank, it will log me in. Any way around that??

Thanks!

Mark