When using yes/no checked only display those checked

cnctrader

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Thanks,

I made a view and filtered by all the fields that will have checkboxes. It looks like the view is looking for items that have ALL of these fileds checked and since I will never have anything like htis, it doesn't contain anything.

Maybe it would help if I added some more detial. Basically, I am creating a db of machines with a large variety of fetures on them. Each machine is unique by the combination of these features. There are a very large of number of potential machine features, perhaps only ten or so which apply to any given machine. In my report, I do not wnat to show the multitude of possibilities, but rather just the ones that apply to this one machine. Maybe the view idea is the best way and I am just not creatng it properly. The way I created it was to filter the machines by all of the features set to yes. In reality, I want to filter by any combination of features set to yes , but not all of them.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Tom

hi,

So, as I understand, you want something like this :

feature1 OR feature2 OR feature3 OR......

If this is correct then, you do not have to construct a view. While creating a report, use predefined criteria for search. Then, in 'Search and Report - Select Filtering Fields ', choose 'Results that match any criteria(OR)' at the bottom of this wizard.

If you have different formula that connects feature1, feature2,....please write the formula.

The search criteria doesn't have anything to do with the items features. As an example, lets say that I want to search for items in a given industry, country and state. Then, when I display the items that meet this criteria, I just want to display ONLY the features of that item marked 'checked' in the details of the report results.

Thanks for the help!

Hello Tom ,

In that case you can add a HTML block in the "Configure Details Page Fields" screen if you'd like to have only Yes values on the "Details" page of a Gallery report, place all checkboxes in that block and then with the help of Javascript just check and display only those with values = Yes. Below, suppose that I have only 3 checkboxes in my table:

if ('[@field:Fieldname1]'=='Yes')

document.write("Label1:" + '[@field:test1]');

if ('[@field:Fieldname2]'=='Yes')

document.write("Label2:" + '[@field:test2]');

if ('[@field:Fieldname3]'=='Yes')

document.write("Label3:" + '[@field:test3]');

Hope that helps. :mrgreen: