Calculated Field based on selection in dropdown list

rollandpate

Question

I am trying to populate a field on my webform based on the selection from the Dropdown list of another field on the form. For example: If I select "1st Place" from the Dropdown list I would like the Points field to be populated with the value of 4.

I am using the following JavaScript in the Footer of the Submission Form.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function getPts()
{ 
   /* Retrieve the value of the field Cookoff_Result_Place and store in a variable 'Place' */
  var Place = document.getElementById("InsertRecordCookoff_Result_Place").value;

switch (Place)
  {
    case '1': case '11': case '14': case '17': case '20': document.getElementById("InsertRecordCookoff_Result_Points").value=4;
    break;
    case '2': case '12': case '15': case '18': case '21': document.getElementById("InsertRecordCookoff_Result_Points").value=3;
    break;
    case '3': case '13': case '16': case '19': case '22': document.getElementById("InsertRecordCookoff_Result_Points").value=2;
    break;
    default: document.getElementById("InsertRecordCookoff_Result_Points").value=1
  }
}

/* On submitting the webform, the function getPts is executed */
document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit=getPts;
</SCRIPT>

Everything works while I am in Caspio but when I deploy the form to my website it stops populating the Points field. I'm not sure what needs to be changed to get it to work from my website.

3 answers to this question

Most possible problem is the line of code below if you have more than one DataPage deployed on your website:

document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit=getPts;

In this case, you will need to encapsulate each DataPage in a Div with an assigned ID and then call the ID of that DataPage on submit function. Example:

DataPage hearer:

DataPage footer:

Script:

document.getElementById("DP1").onsubmit=getPts;

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Best,

Bahar M.

As of July 12, 2018, Caspio introduced new features which you can find here: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-13-0/

This release includes a new feature, Calculated Values in Submission Forms.  This allows you to generate calculations which you can use for your Dropdown list

Check these videos for more information:

I hope this helps!