Date Format Of Virtual Field

spearheading

Question

Hi,

I've been separating the Search and Reports data pages and using the Virtual field set-up to pass parameters.  I've done this a few times before and it works ok.

This time, I require the filter on the search to use  'Date from' and 'Date to' parameters.  However, I can't find a  way of formatting the virtual field such that it passes the dates in UK format, as opposed to US.

Without this, my search is showing up the wrong results, if any.

Any thoughts?

4 answers to this question

Hi, Spearheading!

Have you tried using a Localization?

The idea is to create a Localization, select the last item - "Formatting Standards", set the Region as "English (United Kingdom)", and then assign your DataPage to the Localization.

I found this way on the How-To, "International Dates in Calendar Fields".

Thanks and yes, I've tried the localization which is my normal route for UK stuff.  However, the problem now seems to have grown arms and legs as ALL my applications seem to have reverted to US date format on searches - and these are unconnected in terms of localisations etc.  None of them have virtual search fields so I'm not sure what's going on.  Have submitted support ticket.  Will post outcome.