Insert Row In Datapage Report Form

Guest Omar

Question

hello

im traying to insert a row on datapage report form, and im using authentification.

ive 3 fields camp 1, camp2 and camp 3

when i press submit, i want pass the parameter value to the camp 1, and the other 2 are text

how can i do this?

1 answer to this question

Hello Omar!

Can you add a little more information about your purpose?

Do you have any other fields on your Report DataPage? If not, maybe, it is better to redirect a user to a Submission Form? The general idea is described in the topic How-To, but you will use a Submission form instead a Details page.

Do you want to change the selected data of Camps fields? If not, probably, it's better 

1) To enable parameters on your DataPage;

2) Create Virtual fields on the Detail page;

3) For every Virtual field, on the Advanced tab, select the "On load" in the "Receive value or parameter" field, in Dropdowns select "Data Source Field" and the correspond filed.

4) For every Virtual field also select the "On exit" in the "Pass field value as parameter" field.

And then pass the Parameters to a Submission form. You can find details in topics Passing and Receiving parameters.

If you want to change the current data, you can use only Parameters, without creating Virtual Fields.