Control When A User Has Access To Authentication-Protected Content

catchall

Question

I am fairly new to this, so forgive me if this is a simple matter.

I would like to know if there is a way to use an authentication to change the page of the Wix website it is hosted on.  My application is fairly complex (at least for me) and I would like the authentication that occurs at the beginning of the app flow to advance the page on the website to the authentication-protected material.  

The issue is - with multpile pages on the website and different Caspio datapages on each webpage, how do I provide a user with website navigation but keep the user from having access to the navigation until after they have logged in?  If I show a menu on all pages, then they can advance without logging in.  If I don't provide a menu on the home (login) page, then how do they advance to other pages that have additional Caspio-based content?  The issue is that Caspio controls only the database tables, etc. (I think).  My website will have different pages that have different parts of my app, each displaying a different datapage.  If I don't provide webpage navigation, how can I get them from one page to another?  If I do provide webpage navigation, how do I make it appear only after they have logged in?

3 answers to this question

Hello Catchall,

Maybe the HTML-page that redirects a user based on field value (e.g., role) can help.

Jan - I'm trying to follow this to create my login-redirect page. In my case, my users table has a field called WFMAcessLevel, which contains either 1 or 2. So I created an HTML page with the codes below and authenticated that HTML page.

<script>

if("[@authfield:WFMAccessLevel]" == "1"){

window.location = "http://b6.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=b9443000efaa7d4f8894459cadfc";

}

else ("[@authfield:WFMAccessLevel]" == "2"){

window.location = "http://b6.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=b94430003cfd158680bc46e8877b";

}

</script>

It's not redirecting - just giving me a blank screen. Am I doing this right? Or I really need to define Admin and Staff as Yes/No in my table?