Using A View To Search Across Tables

ianaleena

Question

Hi - I have created a view across four tables which I need to pull data from using a  search form.

This works fine if there are only single records in each table per user_ID ... However three of the tables have multiple entries per user and these all show in the results list. 

Is there a way of losing the multiple entries to only show the one record in the results?

ie, I have a calendar entry table with several entries per user, but I only need to see that user once in the results list. I need the calendar entry in the search as I am trying to achieve a date search producing a results list with people available between certain date periods. 

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated?

many thanks

Ian

4 answers to this question

Thank you Maymusic..   I do not need the actual calendar record for the results, it is merely referenced in the search to determine availability.

Is there a way in caspio of searching across the date fields in a table to achieve this. I need to produce a list of users available for a time period added in the search. i.e. looking for someone available between 2nd April 2014 thru to 28th April 2014. The search will pick up anyone with nothing entered in that period first ( top of report list )meaning that they are fully available then filter down in order of amount of availability thru that period. 

I am still getting my head around caspio and any help will be fantastic.

Regards

Ian