Rfid Scanning To Field

Corpcatalog

Question

I have been using a mobile datapage with android devices running the barcode scanner keyboard app to search for records in relation to a barcode.

The physical records now also have RFID/NFC chips in them so I could use the android NFC capabilities on my GS3 for instance to scan the RFID tag into the search field to find the information about the record. Does anyone know how to get NFC to write the RFID tage code into a field in a webform?

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I'm not sure that this will answer your question but it might point you in the right direction.  If you don't already have one, you will probably need an NFC reader\writer app from the Android store.  I've used a few and the demo versions are free to try out.  I'd suggest you look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.taginfolite   for a start.

In addition to this, I think that the clue in linking to your database is through a query string with the UniqueID variable being attached at the end of the string.  Caspio has a page that describes this in detail http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/parameters-as-query-string-values

If the Search part of your datapage is set up to receive parameters, it will take the Unique ID from the query string and perform the search in the same way as if you'd just typed it.  

I've been using NFC for things for a few years but I am not a programmer and had to hire someone to help me with a more sophisticated application that required linking to Caspio through their Web Services API.  I wouldn't have a clue about explaining how he did that.

Hopefully, a more knowledgeable Caspio user might be able to illuminate things for you a bit more but I hope this is of some help meantime.

Good luck - I'll be interested to know how you solve it!