juancoffee

Question

Hello Javascript Gurus out there

I have been trying (for quite a while) to generate a user's latitude and longitude on a report automatically - to use them with a distance search.

There are various topics on this forum (such as http://forums.caspio.com/index.php/topic/4205-html-block-to-detect-geo-location/?hl=geolocation), but none do quite what I want.

If I try and adapt any of them, passing them from a submission form as parameters for example, I get an error code 'number too long' when I try and use the latitude and longitude to search with.

Caspio's excellent Store Locator app does it with the mobile search, but it requires a button to be pressed ('Use my current location'). When I've tried to alter this to suit my needs, I've just ended up breaking it!

Ideally, I would like to put the javascript in the beginning of a report and automatically populate the latitude and longitude search fields.

In other words, a user would just open the report and it would automatically show venues closest to their current location (mobile or laptop), without them having to click anything.

Any help [very] greatly appreciated.

Duncan

2 answers to this question