Recurring Calendar Entries

spearheading

Question

Hi,

Does anyone have an easy way of repeating information  calendar results screen based on frequency information

Typically, we have a booking system, created with Caspio and may have to show an appointment that repeats every 14 days (or other frequency).  This appears to be impossible within Caspio without using project services.  I'm a bit frustrated over this, as clients can point to almost any basic calendar program that has this feature.  

Is it really such a complex thing to expect?

Any help (or a workaround) would be appreciated.

Mark

5 answers to this question

Hello spearheading,

But where and when do you want to show the appointment?

If I understand correctly, if a logged user opens a DataPage, and more than 14 days have passed since the last appointment was displayed, the new one is displayed in a Header of the DataPage.

Is it correct?

A recurring option should be standard along with a number of other features otherwise its not really a functioning calendar, other functions i'd include is:

Link to daily hour by hour calendar for meeting entries

Link to add all day events

Event Start dates and times to end dates and times

Repeating events by day, week, 2 weeks, month, year, custom

Invitees

A recurring option should be standard along with a number of other features otherwise its not really a functioning calendar, other functions i'd include is:

Link to daily hour by hour calendar for meeting entries

Link to add all day events

Event Start dates and times to end dates and times

Repeating events by day, week, 2 weeks, month, year, custom

Invitees

sync to outlook, ics, ical

multiple months per page

Hi,

Does anyone have an easy way of repeating information  calendar results screen based on frequency information

Typically, we have a booking system, created with Caspio and may have to show an appointment that repeats every 14 days (or other frequency).  This appears to be impossible within Caspio without using project services.  I'm a bit frustrated over this, as clients can point to almost any basic calendar program that has this feature.  

Is it really such a complex thing to expect?

Any help (or a workaround) would be appreciated.

Mark

I do the following:

I offer 1 visual calendar datapage on a separate web page

and

I offer a combined view of two (actually more) datapages

1-the pattern of the appointment

e.g. Monday 8am to 9pm

2-then, I list the Mondays that this appointment occurs on, in a list in the sidebar:

2/22/16

3/7/16

etc.

The purpose of the latter is to concisely represent a repeating schedule spanning months. It requires some interpretation, but it was the best I could do. I have had complaints for something more visual, less abstract.

Thanks both with the support on this.  I agree with you scribblemilk - I think these things should be standard.

In any appointments-based booking system, you would expect to be able to make an appointment repeat, simply showing the date and time as required on the subsequent months.  aam82 - I'll try your workaround and see how I get on but I do feel Caspio should do something about this.  I raised the topic in 2014.