Creating Web Service Profiles

Niranjan

Question

I am creating a web service profile to be used in working with the API. Looking at the documentation on the below link I should get a WSDL URL and a Pass Key. However the actual screen to create profiles does not have either of those fields, and instead has Client ID and Client Secret. Are these terms interchangeable, and if not, where do I get the URL and Pass Key from?

http://howto.caspio.com/managing-your-account/internal-users-groups-and-api-profiles/creating-a-web-services-api-profile/ 

9 answers to this question

Hi Niranjan,

In the last release, we have introduced Caspio REST API. Now, when creating a web services profile, you can select between REST and SOAP protocols. What you mentioned in your message is related to SOAP protocol. You can select make your selection between the 2 protocols by using the radio buttons. REST being selected by default, if you want SOAP, you will need to select SOAP. 

Best,
Jonathan

Hi

I would really like to see a tutorial showing how the RESTapi can be used with Caspio, I have tried playing with it using some apparently good REST clients, however I have only got as far as authenticating using POST. I couldn't get anywhere with the GET commands, I kept getting authorisation errors.

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark,

There is the article in How To about REST API.

Maybe, it helps.

Thanks for this Jan, however I've spent absolutely ages on that post and I've seemingly got nowhere!

I was hoping to see a 'Dummies guide' tutorial which I was hoping would help me to piece everything together.

Not to worry, cheers anyway.

Mark

Hi

I would really like to see a tutorial showing how the RESTapi can be used with Caspio, I have tried playing with it using some apparently good REST clients, however I have only got as far as authenticating using POST. I couldn't get anywhere with the GET commands, I kept getting authorisation errors.

Thanks

Mark

Hi, Mark

After receiving of access/refresh tokens from the authentication endpoint, the next steps are pretty straight-forward.

For each request to any resource url (using GET/POST/PUT/DELETE) you should add Authorization header like:

Authorization: Bearer [access token value received on previous step].

For example, Authorization: Bearer fgo123123isdfwerwe4556gsx676sgatqwtqwergfg.

You can add it either manually (if you use some utility for REST API testing) or it can be added authomatically based on access token value if you try to utilize REST API using some library (in such case you need to read documentation related to the library to know how to do it).

Best regards,

Vasyl

Hi,

This is another documentation about Web Services Profile. https://howto.caspio.com/web-services-api/creating-a-web-services-api-profile/

After you created a profile, you can click on "Properties" and you can find there the client ID and client Secret. 

When you try to create a Profile, it will first let you choose what type of API are you going to set. Either REST or SOAP. 

You can find the documentation on how to set this up in the link mentioned above. 

Hi - Just wanted to update everyone that beginning on October 3, 2022, Caspio will deprecate SOAP API Web Services and this option will be removed from API profile creation screen. Existing SOAP applications will continue to function until June 3, 2024. After this date, the Caspio SOAP API will no longer execute. We strongly recommend that you start migrating any existing SOAP calls to Caspio’s REST API to avoid interruption of your applications and benefit from modern API technology. To know more, you can check it here: https://howto.caspio.com/deprecations/deprecation-of-soap-web-service/