How To Provide App Navigation

DesiLogi

Question

Hello All,

I'm new to Caspio so forgive me if this is a stupid question but I can't find a straightforward answer anywhere on the site. How do you provide basic navigation for an app, for the end user? I mean like standard web page 'left sidebar' buttons and 'top menu' menu selections to go to various datapages created in Caspio. 

Is this something one must do in their own html or Wordpress pages? I hope not because I was trying to use Caspio so as not to have to hire out for or learn html or javascript. I do know Visual Basic and am converting my Access app to a cloud app but the learning curve for html or javascript is a lot (for a guy also running the business side of things). 

If there's some kind of guide to providing navigation for an app I'd much appreciate the link- thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Hello DesiLogi,

You can use Caspio without HTML pages.

You can use a URL Deployment for your DataPages - so, all your pages will be available in the Internet.

You can use HTML Blocks or Header&Footer elements, where you can add a menu, I mean, the HTML code with links to your pages.

Also you can use The Link Menu Generator.

I hope, it helps.

Like Jan said, you can create your navigation inside of Caspio if you wish. I’m trying to determine how I’ll deploy and would love anyone’s feedback. 

Option A : Build navigation (bar) at my site level with each data page standing alone without headers. This requires multiple navigation bars (one per authentication). 

Option B: Write the HTML inside of a Caspio HTML Data Page that is authentication dependent. 

Thoughts?

@DesiLogi  You can create a navigation in app parameter when the type is Long Text. Click on Pen and then click on 4 arrow key button to expand then window you will see a table icon. Click on that to add a table with one row and as many columns as you need in your navigation. Type in the tab names and then make each a hyper link to the page you want to be redirected by clicking on it. To make each a hyper link you can highlight the text and then click on infinity icon.

In the header of your pages then you can use this app parameter.

image.png.92230e4719b7056d5cce3dc1c9e5ca6e.png

image.png

Hi MayMusic,

Just got the notification for this  threat- it's been quite a while since I first posted it. Thanks for addressing this as I imagine a new Caspio user will need to know this. I ended up created navigation in a python project using standard html/css in Sublime Text. It worked really well to do that for all outside-of-caspio navigation.