Conditional Acknowledgement E-Mail

I need some HTML help for an Acknowledgement E-Mail.  When I send an Acknowledgement E-mail to a customer, I want to send some additional information if they responded clicked on a checkbox in a submission form.  I believe this can be done with If and Else statements, but don't know how to write the script.  In layman's terms, this is what I'm looking for.

IF "Smart Meter Authorization" is checked,

THEN include a paragraph about Smart Meters

ELSE don't include a paragraph about Smart Meters

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Scott,

If you use Submission DataPage, you can add virtual field on the 'Configure Fields' step, make it hidden, add the 'Header&Footer' field and paste the following code in the footer: 

<script type= "text/javascript">
function checkbox()
{
if(document.getElementById("InsertRecordSmart_Meter_Authorization").checked)
{
document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual1").value =  document.getElementById("InsertRecordSmart_Meters").value;
}
else document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual1").value = "";
}
document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit = checkbox;
</script>
Than go to the 'Email Options' step and insert virtual field using parameter picker in the HTML message body.

Hope it helps.

• 3 years later...

Hi @ScottECE,

Just an update: You can use send an Email using Triggered Actions. Triggered Actions allow data manipulation, calculations and sending notifications by constructing application logic with a visual interface. They will be executed on specified events to perform actions on data in your tables. For more information about Triggered Actions, check it here: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

Hope it helps!