Emailing all contacts in a table

I'm in the brainstorming phase.  Members of our staff would like to send emails out to our clients via their email application of choice-- like Outlook, etc.  I have a table of 20-400 clients that includes email address information.  Any ideas on how I can get those email addresses inside a "To:" field and send out an email?  I'm open to exploring Caspio doing this for me but I understand that might not be possible due to inherent anti-spamming design.  I'm also concerned with data usage in Caspio.

Note:

I have wondered about using Javascript to copy email to the system clipboard but this doesn't see like good practice, and I'm only a novice JS user at this point.  That said, this post got me thinking more on that:

<button id="demo" onclick="copyToClipboard(document.getElementById('demo').innerHTML)">This is what I want to copy</button>

<script>
  function copyToClipboard(text) {
    window.prompt("Copy to clipboard: Ctrl+C, Enter", text);
  }
</script>

Thanks for the suggestion.  Zapier looks wonderful, especially the Mail Chimp integration.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to allow third party providers access to the data I have inside of Caspio.  

I'm experimenting with creating a View that contains just one column: emails of clients that are active.  I don't label the emails, and so the final output is a simple list of emails.  I adjusted the above code, replacing This is what I want to copy with a the data source field for client emails, so:

<button id="demo" onclick="copyToClipboard(document.getElementById('demo').innerHTML)">@field:CLIENT_EMAIL</button>

<script>
  function copyToClipboard(text) {
    window.prompt("Copy to clipboard: Ctrl+C, Enter", text);
  }
</script>

What this does is place a button underneath each email and allows me to copy the given email one at a time.  So, now I need to figure out a way to collect all the emails, concatenate them with ";" and paste to the system clipboard...  

The search is ongoing.  Thanks again for your advice on Zapier.  

There are some buggy ways to prepopulate the user's email program with a list of emails. One bug that I don't like is the opening of a new tab as a side-effect. Another is call to location.href with a mailto: link getting served over http, causing a mixed contect warning. There is also the window prompt you linked to, which has a 2,000 character limit.

Since you have fewer than 999 addresses in the data set you want to use, you won't run into the 999 record per page Caspio limit, so I suggest the following, adapted from the second response to the same SO thread you linked:

In your datapage footer, add the following code

<p id="emailCount"></p>

<textarea id="emailOutput" style="width: 500px; height: 200px;"></textarea>

<p>
<button class="js-textareacopybtn">Copy Emails to clipboard</button>
</p>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var elems = document.getElementsByTagName("td");
var copiedEmails = [];
var numEmails = 0;
for (var i=0, m=elems.length; i<m; i++) {
if (elems[i].innerText.includes("@"))  {
copiedEmails.push(elems[i].innerText);
numEmails += 1;
}
}
var joinedEmails = copiedEmails.join("; ");
document.getElementById("emailOutput").innerHTML= joinedEmails;
document.getElementById("emailCount").innerHTML= "Found " + numEmails + " emails.";
</script>

<script>
var copyTextareaBtn = document.querySelector('.js-textareacopybtn');

copyTextareaBtn.addEventListener('click', function(event) {
  var copyTextarea = document.getElementById("emailOutput");
  copyTextarea.select();

try {
    var successful = document.execCommand('copy');
    var msg = successful ? 'successful' : 'unsuccessful';
    console.log('Copying text command was ' + msg);
  } catch (err) {
    console.log('Oops, unable to copy');
  }
});
</script>

Which searches for strings containing an "@" character, adds each to an array, then joins the array with "; " for better pasting into an email client. It also displays a count of addresses found:

i7Q78VH.png

• 2 years later...