DataPage Deployment

RJVMATI

Question

Hi,

I have 200 + DataPages in my Caspio Account. I moved them from one caspio account to another using Import / Export feature. 

Everything worked fine, but all the DataPages are now Deployed = Disabled in the destination . Is there a way to quickly deploy all the DataPages at once?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

On 3/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, JoshuaJobin said:

I am running into this as well, with nearly 100 datapages. I have a Dev account and a Production account. How would you go about merging the changes from the Dev account to the Production account? When you import a datapage into an empty account, the AppKey, for the most part, stays the same. The only difference is the first 5 characters in the AppKey (Which is luckily account related). So, I am wondering if there is a way to import the App into a Production environment, and it auto-detects which Datapages need updating. Thanks!

If you export the whole app from dev account, during import in production account you will be able to replace existing app or import as a new app. Replacing is not and option, since you will overwrite everything, including data source tables, therefore I would recommend using custom manual export and select only those datapages which you need to import back in the production account. 

You may want to sort datapages  on the last modified date in the dev account, this way you will find datapages, which should be exported. If you don't want to do that, just select all the datapages without dependencies.

Then import the file into the production account. Don't worry about appkeys, because appkeys of the datapages will remain the same, since datapages were created in this account initially. System will identify the datapages on appkeys and you will be able to replace existing datapages. 

You may test on one datapage first to see how it works.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if something is not clear enough.

On 12/9/2016 at 9:19 PM, RJVMATI said:

Hi,

I have 200 + DataPages in my Caspio Account. I moved them from one caspio account to another using Import / Export feature. 

Everything worked fine, but all the DataPages are now Deployed = Disabled in the destination . Is there a way to quickly deploy all the DataPages at once?

Thanks.

Hi RJVMATI,

As far as I know, you can't enable datapages for deployment in bulk. However you need to redeploy them anyway.

When you were importing datapages in a new account, new appkeys were assigned to all the datapages, so deploy code is changed.

On 12/13/2016 at 10:07 AM, Mathilda said:

Hi RJVMATI,

As far as I know, you can't enable datapages for deployment in bulk. However you need to redeploy them anyway.

When you were importing datapages in a new account, new appkeys were assigned to all the datapages, so deploy code is changed.

I am running into this as well, with nearly 100 datapages. I have a Dev account and a Production account. How would you go about merging the changes from the Dev account to the Production account? When you import a datapage into an empty account, the AppKey, for the most part, stays the same. The only difference is the first 5 characters in the AppKey (Which is luckily account related). So, I am wondering if there is a way to import the App into a Production environment, and it auto-detects which Datapages need updating. Thanks!