autonumber as a parameter with autosubmit

ckunkleman

Question

2 answers to this question

On 10/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, ckunkleman said:

I believe I answered my initial (silly) question but am wonder if sending an autonumber as a parameter when initializing a series of auto submits after a single record update form. Best practice? or is there a better way?

What is the purpose of using series of autosubmit datapages? I assume that you need to submit values to different table, in this case you need to pass ID to those records. This will let you then join tables in views and give you more flexibility in retrieving data

Hope it helps

The series of autosubmit is in an effort to get a table with 25 different records (from Year 1 to Year 25) with a dozen different formula fields (all changing based on the Year as the independant variable). I need to have these in a format that lends itself to easy aggregate and graph reports. Perhaps there is a better way to do this but my understanding so far was that I could build a table that would act as a calculating tool for these numbers, then copy the 25 records to a table that will serve as an archive for the calculated records.