he Having statement in the Where clause

stansmith12345

Question

ssue:  My trigger action is not processing the 

ssue:  My trigger action is not processing the Having statement in the Where clause. 

I barely know SQL and while the 30 minute Caspio webinar on Trigger Actions was helpful, the action I am attempting was not covered. 

I have a parent table and a child table, their common field is NTAID.

I am trying to use a trigger action on Inserted/Updated/Deleted to quantify the number of records in the child table for the NTAID and assign a category to each parent record.  The purpose of the categories is I need to use the field in the parent record to create filter views of the parent table for another data page.

Some portions of my Update trigger actions work - I have four Updates. The Update for categorizing "Regional" is not occurring under any circumstances, and "Local" categorization is occurring even if the Count in the Having clause exceeds the limitation.  I reversed the order of these two Updates and that did not alter the outcome. 

The other two updates run flawlessly.

I appreciate any assistance in the proper set-up of these trigger actions. Thank you!

I barely know SQL and while the 30 minute Caspio webinar on Trigger Actions was helpful, the action I am attempting was not covered. 

I have a parent table and a child table, their common field is NTAID.

I am trying to use a trigger action on Inserted/Updated/Deleted to quantify the number of records in the child table for the NTAID and assign a category to each parent record.  The purpose of the categories is I need to use the field in the parent record to create filter views of the parent table for another data page.

Some portions of my Update trigger actions work - I have four Updates. The Update for categorizing "Regional" is not occurring under any circumstances, and "Local" categorization is occurring even if the Count in the Having clause exceeds the limitation.  I reversed the order of these two Updates and that did not alter the outcome. 

The other two updates run flawlessly.

I appreciate any assistance in the proper set-up of these trigger actions. Thank you!

1 answer to this question