Triggered action Update for bulk edit

bookish

Question

Hi, I am taking advantage of the triggered action in updating a related table, and I have found greater accuracy than using the increment attendees approach (old version).

I am just finding a challenge in relation to bulk edit.

I have 2 tables: attendance and schedule.

In updating table ATTENDANCE record to FINISHED status, there is an increment of 1 to the field FINISHED  (number of attendees who finished) in the SCHEDULES table. The triggered action works if I update one record. However, I have a datapage where activity in-charge use bulk editing to update several or all records to FINISHED.  The triggered action naturally adds only 1 to the number of those who FINISHED. Could you help me please to modify the triggered action formula for bulk editing?

bulk edit finished not working.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello bookish,

I see that in your desciption of the bulk edit trigger you are trying to build, you have mentioned that you are using update action for "ATTENDANCE" table but your image shows that you are updating "SCHEDULES" table and secondly Can an attendee be associated to multiple scheduled activities? If that's the case then you should have an additional join table with a many to many relationship.

Please let me know

Hi bookish,

Please note that bulk edit is treated as a single update event in Triggered Action as you have already discovered.

I would suggest using COUNT expression in order to count the number of records updated with a bulk edit and add this value to existing value from  SCHEDULES table.

So, you Triggered Action will look similar to this one:

Screenshot.JPG

Hope this helps.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:40 AM, HeezyMeezy said:

Hello bookish,

I see that in your desciption of the bulk edit trigger you are trying to build, you have mentioned that you are using update action for "ATTENDANCE" table but your image shows that you are updating "SCHEDULES" table and secondly Can an attendee be associated to multiple scheduled activities? If that's the case then you should have an additional join table with a many to many relationship.

Please let me know

hiHeezyMeezy,

Thanks for taking time to study my case and to reply. Yes, I am updating a table ATTENDANCE where "an attendee [can] be associated to multiple scheduled activities".

I have solved my problem with the suggestion posted by Vitaliksssss

Thanks again. Appreciate it.