Limit calculated field decimal places in footer of datapage

DesiLogi

Question

Hello,

I've been trying to find a solution to this for awhile. Does anyone know how to limit/round the decimal places on a field and calculated field, over-riding whatever the setting is in the Localization. I need to do this because in some places I need the localization to show 3 decimal points for percentages and sometimes 0 decimal places (rounding whatever the value is).

This is because I have multiple fields on the same datapage that use percentages for display and one needs 3 decimal places and the other needs 0. It makes it sloppy looking to always have .000 after the values for the field and/or calculated field that should normally so none. Thanks for any help. 

7 answers to this question

Hi Vitalikssss,

Thanks for the tip- I know how to do that for a normal field. The question is for a field in an html tag (actually the footer but same thing basically) where you use [@calcfield:1%] to pull the result. That's where I need to make the percentage round to 0 decimal points. 

Hi @DesiLogi, I'm not sure of what DataPage you are using and if this is your expected results but here's what I've done using Details page and custom coding.

Since I was not able to get reference the calculated field ID in JavaScript, I added a Virtual Field then receive the value of calculated field.

image.png.6a4ad98bff02e5c39a35870e9b129d94.png

Then, I created a span id for the footer that will serves as the placeholder of the percentage value later. I also created a function that will determine if the calculated field value has a decimal using the modulo operator, and if so, it will remove the decimal using the parseInt() function and multiply by 100 to get the percentage value.

<p style="color: red;"><span id="footer" style="color: red;"></span> %</p>

<script>

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {

var calc = document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual1").value;
var modu = calc % 1;

if (modu != 0) {
       document.getElementById("footer").innerText = parseInt(calc)*100;
}
    });
</script>

I just added a percent (%) symbol inside the <p> tag and added a font color.

image.png.90e202aae870f1f899e13f1f3681db42.png

Hi - Just to add on this post. If you would like to format the number field to two decimal places - For example, on whole numbers such as 16, it would be 16.00.

You can use this formula

STR([@field:Number], 6, 2)

The STR() function returns a number as a string.

Result:
16 = 16.00
15.345878 = 15.35

References:
- https://howto.caspio.com/function-reference/#:~:text=Str(number%2C length %2C precision)
- https://www.w3schools.com/sql/func_sqlserver_str.asp