Triggered actions on import

janetflorence

Question

HI. Does anyone know if you can use insert or update triggered actions on import? I have a data table I import data weekly in batches. This table has triggered actions on insert. The actions works if individual records are inserted through a submission form, but we typically do not insert table this way into this particular table. It is so much easier to batch import, but then I need certain information to be shared with another table, which I have set up with a triggered action. Thanks for the help!

7 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, janetflorence said:

HI. Does anyone know if you can use insert or update triggered actions on import? I have a data table I import data weekly in batches. This table has triggered actions on insert. The actions works if individual records are inserted through a submission form, but we typically do not insert table this way into this particular table. It is so much easier to batch import, but then I need certain information to be shared with another table, which I have set up with a triggered action. Thanks for the help!

Hi Janet,

I have this issue before, Caspio Triggered Action will not work in scheduled import or even manual import and it is not yet doable on the platform. 

regards,

Franchiser

Hello all, 

For clarification, current Triggered Actions will only execute on data being inserted, updated, or deleted via:

• DataPage
  • At Datasheet level (direct in table)
  • API

As Franchiser said, DataHub (Scheduled Tasks) and manual import will not fire triggers. Also if cascade update and/or delete is enabled through referential integrity in table relationships, these events as well will not execute Triggered Actions.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:40 PM, Smashley said:

I just finally found this after building a pretty elaborate trigger based on bulk imports.

Anyone know if this feature has been requested/is in the works?

As of now, this is still not a standard feature of Caspio.

You can use the ideabox to and suggest it to be a feature or you can just vote.

Here is the link : http://ideabox.caspio.com/forums/164206-caspio-bridge/suggestions/34411633-make-the-triggered-actions-run-on-importing-of-new

Hope this helps.