Formula Field Case Statement with Several IFs

aschild

Question

I am trying to set up a formula field (field name: Delta) with the logic I've listed below.  

So far I have been doing the formula in excel and want to move it to a Caspio field called Delta.  The excel formula is:

=IF(AND(G2="",G2<>DATEVALUE("9/9/9999"),F2="No",H2<>""),DAYS(H2,I2),
IF(AND(G2<>"",G2<>DATEVALUE("9/9/9999"),F2="No"), DAYS(G2,I2),
IF(AND(G2=DATEVALUE("9/9/9999"),F2="No"), DAYS(E2,I2),
IF(AND(G2<>"",G2<>DATEVALUE("9/9/9999"),G2<E2,F2="Yes"), DAYS(G2,I2),
IF(AND(G2>E2,F2="Yes"), DAYS(E2,I2),
IF(AND(H2=""), "NA",
"TBD"))))))

The fields referenced in the formula are:

Actual Test Bank Install (date/time datatype)
Estimated Test Bank Install (date/time datatype)
Contract Test Bank Install (date/time datatype)
RTS Actual (date/time datatype)
Released to Sales (formula datatype that contains either Yes, No or NA as the value)

The written out logic for Caspio is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is null and [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is not “09/09/9999” and [@field:Released to Sales] = ‘No’ and [@field:Estimated Test Bank Install] is not blank

Then calculate the number of calendar days between [@field:Estimated Test Bank Install] and [@field:Contract Test Bank Install]

If [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is not blank and [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is not “09/09/9999” and [@field:Released to Sales] = ‘No’

Then calculate the number of calendar days between [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] and [@field:Contract Test Bank Install]

If [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is “09/09/9999” and [@field:Released to Sales] = ‘No’

Then calculate the number of calendar days between [@field:RTS Actual] and [@field:Contract Test Bank Install]

If [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is not blank and [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is not “09/09/9999” and [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is less than (or before) [@field:RTS Actual] and [@field:Released to Sales]= ‘Yes’

Then calculate the number of calendar days between [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] and [@field:Contract Test Bank Install]

If [@field:Actual Test Bank Install] is greater than (or after) [@field:RTS Actual] and [@field:Released to Sales]= ‘Yes’

Then calculate the number of calendar days between [@field:RTS Actual]and [@field:Contract Test Bank Install]

If [@field:Estimated Test Bank Install] is blank

Then ‘NA’

Else ‘TBD’

The formula for the Released to Sales field is:

CASE 
WHEN convert(nvarchar(10), [@field:RTS_Actual], 101) = '09/09/9999' 
THEN 'NA' 
WHEN convert(nvarchar(10), [@field:RTS_Actual], 101) != '09/09/9999' AND [@field:RTS_Actual] is not null 
THEN 'Yes' 
ELSE 'No' 
END

Can someone help with what the Caspio case statement would be for my field?

Thanks in advance!

Anna

2 answers to this question

Try to use such a statement as the example:

CASE

WHEN [@field:date_test] < CONVERT(datetime, '09/09/9999', 101) AND  IsNull([@field:Num_test], 0) = 0 THEN Datediff(year ,[@field:date_test], CONVERT(datetime, '09/09/9999', 101))

END

You can adjust it for your need and add as much Case conditions as you need.

You may find the standard statements you can use in formula fields.  If you highlight these statement, you will find the description of the statement.

Also, check these articles to get familiar with the CASE and CONVERT statements:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/language-elements/case-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/functions/cast-and-convert-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017