Display Birthday Message

FinTheHuman

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello @FinTheHuman,

If you are using a report DataPage to display the Birthday message, then you can use calculated field with formula to generate the message you wanted.

You can try using this formula:

CASE 

WHEN Datediff(Month,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())=0 AND Datediff(Day,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())=0 THEN 'Happy Birthday to you!'

ELSE 'Not your birthday yet !'

END

For further instruction, you check this documentation: Calculated Field

I hope this helps :)

~WatashiwaJin~

Hi @FinTheHuman,

This is also might be helpful to you, the report will display the days remaining before the user's birthday.

CASE 

WHEN Datediff(Month,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())=0 AND Datediff(Day,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())=0 THEN 'Happy Birthday to you!'

ELSE CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), Datediff(Day,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate()), 101) + " days, before your Birthday"
END

I hope this helps :)

~WatashiwaJin~

Just to add to the previous comment, I just noticed this recently,

When a Field for Birthdate is equal to, say December 2018, and it is now January 2019, using "Datediff(Year,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())" as a formula would give me a "1 year" as result, when in fact it should not. I guess it's because I used "Year" as the DateDiff option.

What I did was "Datediff(Month,[@field:Birthday],GetUTCDate())/12", it did somehow responds to the age correctly, but when my birth month comes, it adds to my age. I can accept that tho.

So just in case someone encounter the same problem, I hope this helps! :D:D