Details datapage destination use 'Next Record' and then new page

DesiLogi

Question

Hello All,

I have a Details datapage that I'm using to update a series of related records, one at a time. I've got code to run the update automatically (so the user doesn't have to click a button). The final setting is "Navigate to next/previous records" so it cycles through all the related records (filtered by a common ID number for each record). 

What I need it to do is, after the LAST records is updated, go to a new web page entirely. I don't know how to do BOTH "Navigate to next/previous records" AND  THEN go to a new page after last record is updated. Does anyone know how to do this? Many thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

I figured out a workaround, if anyone needs a similar solution: A filtered View is used instead for the data source. 

This enables the auto-submit to run and when there are no more records to update (because the View filters out updated records) I use the Localization to redirect to a new url when there are no records (351 message). 

So basically, all the records in the recordset get cycled through on the Details datapage (set to go to 'Next Record' after update) and then when there are no further records (because the View datasource is empty) it redirects to a new url. 

A bit of a labyrinthine process but it gets the job done.