Trigger Error

Glitch

Question

I receive an error when trying to enable the new trigger that I am currently working on. The error says "Can not enable trigger due to 2 cascading triggers". 

I don't see anything wrong with my trigger, I'm just passing the records to another table from #inserted. 

Can someone help?

5 answers to this question

Hi @Glitch,

This error occurs when you exceed the limit of 2 cascading triggers. Caspio's cascading triggers is only limited to 2.

Now, what are cascading triggers? 

This is when, a triggers action activates another trigger.

So for example,

Table A has trigger 1 > The trigger is to Update Table B.

Table B has trigger 2 > Trigger 2 runs on UPDATE, then again activates another trigger.

Now these are cascading triggers. These acts as a waterfall trigger. 

I think this error may also happen when you are trying to create triggers on the same event.

Say, the events are - Insert records to table1 upon Insert on table2 . And you have another trigger that would insert records to Table2 as well.

You can view the triggers associated on the Table by clicking Properties under the Tablename.

Screenshot_13.png.bf04fabd8ead37032fe63748e69fddfe.png

From there, you can check which of the Triggers are causing the conflict. 

Hope this helps!

Just wanted to share this, this is what I have experienced. There is an Error message that says. "Triggered Action cannot be enabled because it exceeds the limit of 2 cascading triggers." - For this case, I believe that this is a system limitation. Also, I have a grow plan and the nested is up to 2. 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:08 PM, IamNatoyThatLovesYou said:

Hello Everyone, You can check this HowTo Documentation as well for more information regarding nested levels. https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/#:~:text=Maximum number of nested levels

Hi Guys! Here is an updated documentation for the nested levels as the old one is no longer available. https://howto.caspio.com/triggered-actions/triggered-actions-2/#:~:text=Date%2C and Variables. -,Limits,-Depending on your