Stop Auto Submit on Details form based on Virtual field value

DesiLogi

Question

Hi,

I have some code I'm trying to get to work in the Footer on a Details form to halt AutoSubmit code when a value of 1 is reached in a Virtual field (calculated). The Details datapage is set to go to 'Next Record' on update so the Auto Submit cycles through the records. The problem is that when it gets to the last record it keeps auto submitting and I need it to stop AFTER submitting the last record. 

I found some code on this forum but can't get it to work- that code was older, before virtual fields could be calculated. If anyone knows how to adjust this code to get it to work that'd be really great. 

<script type="text/javascript">
if(document.getElementById("caspioform"))
{
if(document.getElementsByName("cbParamVirtual2")[0].value==1)
  {     
     document.getElementById("caspioform").style.visibility = 'hidden';
     document.write('<font face="arial" color=red size="5">No more Submissions!');     
  }
else
  {
 setTimeout('document.forms["caspioform"].submit()',1000);
       }
}
</script>

1 answer to this question

I figured out a workaround. Instead of a Virtual field calculating the remaining records in the filtered recordset, and then used in If/Else for auto-submitting when all records have been updated, a filtered View is used instead for the data source. 

This enables the auto-submit to run and when there are no more records to update (because the View filters out updated records) I use the Localization to redirect to a new url when there are no records (351 message). 

So basically, all the records in the recordset get cycled through on the Details datapage (set to go to 'Next Record' after update) and then when there are no further records (because the View datasource is empty) it redirects to a new url. 

A bit of a labyrinthine process but it gets the job done.