Parameters in Cascading dropdown on submission forms

taylorswiftlover

Question

5 answers to this question

Just now, joneslovescaspio said:

On a Submission form, I can pass a parameter for a text field 'on exit'. But I cannot see an option for 'on load'. DataPage Element is set to Cascading Dropdown, and I want to be able to get options for 'on load'.

On Load' parameters in submission forms (all in relation with cascading) is not possible because cascading follows the rule of its parent field. This is only possible with regular form elements such as dates, texts, numbers, drop downs. Since cascading has a pre-defined rule in nature, I cannot think of workarounds for this particular type of situation. 

Hope this gives you a heads up. 

On 3/27/2019 at 9:57 AM, kpcollier said:

What exactly are you trying to do? What is the parameter and where is it being sent from? Do you want the text field to populate after a dropdown is selected? 

I'm trying to get the submission form to remember the last submitted values. Kinda trying to pass a parameter from a submission form to another submission form. This worked for my other elements but for cascading dropdown, it didn't. 

Are you using JS for your other elements? The tricky thing about Cascading Dropdowns and other Special Elements is that they get wrapped in a randomID tag, so they never have one set ID name. It changes on every load. However, I believe there has been a workaround.. I know DN31337 made another post the other day regarding this issue and a way to call the element another way. 

How are you getting it to work for the other elements?