jnordstrand

Test and Quiz development

Question

Greetings,

I would like to revisit a question I had from several years ago.  Can the system / data page / form or report be created to do testing or quizzes like an LMS.  I need this feature but a Word Press LMS can not update my capsio tables.  

8 answers to this question

jnordsrand,

I have created several apps successfully that score a test or quiz. Before the advent of calculated fields in update datapages, I had to rely on javascript to achieve this. But now with the recent Caspio release you can make use of the calculated values in virtual fields to calculate a score. Or you can score it directly in the table by creating formulas in your table that have case statements checking each answer and returning a count of 1 for Yes and 0 for No. Just string your case statement together to create a total score. I can explain in more detail if needed.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:14 PM, Carlson said:

jnordsrand,

I have created several apps successfully that score a test or quiz. Before the advent of calculated fields in update datapages, I had to rely on javascript to achieve this. But now with the recent Caspio release you can make use of the calculated values in virtual fields to calculate a score. Or you can score it directly in the table by creating formulas in your table that have case statements checking each answer and returning a count of 1 for Yes and 0 for No. Just string your case statement together to create a total score. I can explain in more detail if needed.

Hi Carlson,

Please explain your quiz set up for me.  How are the quizzes created?  Forms?  Is each quiz a separate data page?  I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have done. Is this something you can sell to me or explain how to do. 

Thank you very much.

Jeff