Change a value in a table and replace with a different one from another table

Josh1425

Question

I have two tables. In the top table I have data pulling in to the table using API calls. It currently pulls in the ID number of the location and not the locations Name. I would like the ID number to change to the store location name as soon as it hits the table using the bottom left table that shows the Store name and the ID associated with the name. The bottom right table shows what I would like is to have the top table Page_ID field to be replaced by the ID in the bottom table. The final result would be what the bottom right table would like like.  

I tried a trigger but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. 

image.png.d138204b669ef2033e35c07685c7fead.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @Josh1425,

You may use the new feature TASK on this certain scenario. Tasks are very similar to Triggered Actions. The main difference is what triggers them. You build the logic for Tasks the same way you build the logic for Triggered Actions. However, Tasks usually run on a recurring schedule while Triggered Actions run in response to a data insertion, update, or deletion. Tasks will allow you to modify data based on a predefined time schedule or set it as ON DEMAND which you can use to update the Page_ID as the Store name. 

To know more about Tasks, check it here:  https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/

Check this video for more information

I hope it helps!