Letter-Style DataPage

kpcollier

Question

I am having some problems trying to build a Letter-Style DataPage. I could easily make this in a Details DataPage, but I need to be able to download and print them via PDF. 

I have a Word document that I am trying to replicate in a datapage. I have tried this forum post about pasting from Word, however when I try using it with a List Results page, it looks nothing like my word document. It looks right in the WYSIWYG editor, but when you preview the page, the results are about a 5th of the page in height and construe the entire document. 

The Word document I am trying to replicate is attached. I need it to be like that, with Caspio data fields filling in the lines. If anyone has any idea how I can do this, I would appreciate the help.

CGWOWord.docx

5 answers to this question

Hi there,

That's right, PDF Generator is not available on Details DataPages. I tried creating the List DataPage to be able to download PDF too. I tried this article 

This worked to me before, but for some reasons, it stopped working now. I know that this was already deprecated. 

So I guess, having the List DataPage is the correct road to go to, though when embedding the document isn't really effective. I tried to create the whole word document so that it would fit to caspio's PDF generator. It's a bit of work though but it pays off, somehow hehe. 

5 minutes ago, Glitch said:

So I guess, having the List DataPage is the correct road to go to, though when embedding the document isn't really effective. I tried to create the whole word document so that it would fit to caspio's PDF generator. It's a bit of work though but it pays off, somehow hehe. 

Yeah, I haven't been able to find any other way other than a List DataPage. I too went with embedding the word document... but in the print out it was really funky.  The entire datapage was small enough to only take up half of the PDF page, even with the List results set to 100%. I was trying to make it look right in the HTML block but noticed it was totally different in the PDF, so I was changing stuff all around to make it fit in PDF page. It looks all messed up in the HTML block, but its working fine.

One limitation of a List DataPage is that you cannot edit a single record on the results page. Only bulk edit. I previously was trying to figure out a way to track what pages were downloaded/printed out. I was going to use a checkbox in the background that was clicked automatically when the DownloadDataButton was clicked, but I couldn't figure it out due to the inline edit.