Upload or use existing file

Pumpedplop

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @Pumpedplop

Caspio you can either upload a new file or select from the file list when choosing the settings of File field.

image.thumb.png.f7ca12168f58383999497e34bd911776.png
You can setup 2 DataPages where on the 1st page one uploads a new file on the 2nd one chooses the existing file. In theory, it is possible to set up a flow where based on whether new file needs to be uploaded or existing file needs to be chosen, one will be redirected to one of the corresponding pages.

Could you describe the workflow of your admin users and how they decide whether they need to upload a new file or use existing?

Hello, @Volomeister

The workflow would be that they create a new item, where 4 files need to be connected to. They would look (using select file from list) trough a list to see if it is already uploaded, Else they would need to upload the new file. That is why I would need a solution using one datapage, because it could be any configuration of the 4 different files that needed to be selected or uploaded.

Hi @Pumpedplop

Maybe somebody else has any other suggestions, but the only workaround I see here is to write this functionality with JavaScript using Caspio API.
I didn't see any similar solutions, so it likely has to be done from scratch.
Also, using Caspio API on DataPages is not secure, as the code will contain the API client ID and client secret, which can be seen when inspecting the source code of the page with browser tools.