SYSUTCDATETIME() not match laptop datetime

IVAN88

Question

Hi,

I am using date function on datapage calculated field, why the sysutcdatetime() function have a match date with my laptop date BUT have a huge different time ?

My timestamp field works fine match with my laptop datetime. just error on sql function.

Sysdatetime() = 06/26/2024 21:00:14

SysUTCdatetime() = 06/27/2024 04:00:14

Laptop datetime UTC+7, Jakarta Bangkok = 06/27/2024 11:02:14

My apps timezone = Account Default Time Zone: (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta

2 answers to this question

Hello @IVAN88,

1) SysUTCdatetime( ) is a function to return the date and time as UTC time (Coordinated Universal Time). The 'UTC' is present in the function syntax.

2) Sysdatetime() function returns the date and time that contains the date and time of the computer on which the instance of SQL Server is running.

So, it is not the laptop datetime but the SQL Server datetime. And in Caspio it returns the datetime in UTC(-7)

0pZ6atH.png

The best option to return the date and time in your time zone is to use the '[@cbTimestamp]' parameter. It should be enclosed in single quotes. 

'[@cbTimestamp]' returns the date and time according to the Localization applied on the DataPage.

If your Account Default Time Zone is (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, the date/time will be returned in UTC+07:00

Formula example: DateDiff (minute, [@field:PaymentDate], '[@cbTimestamp]')