select count in a report with search filtering

sorin14

Question

Hi,

As counting groups does not work I'm thinking to use select count instead.

Any ideea how to ?

Thanks!

Parent table: ID_parent, field1, filed2 ...

Relation one to many  with

Child table: ID_child, field1, field2 ..., ID_parent

Need to use a report for the child where I filter by search the field1 first then I need to count how many groups ID_parent there are for the same field1 in child and group them descending.

1 answer to this question

Hi,
I dont have a direct solution for this but I found a workaround if you are trying to achieve the same output as mine.

This is what I have:
image.thumb.png.ca75c7784eb6a9022da9b035a794ea22.png

Since I cannot enable data grouping for the ParentID when it is already used for the aggregation and I cannot create a virtual field in tabular reports, I made an addition field in my table and made it a Formula data type. That way I can insert the value of the ParentID to the formula field and use that field in the aggregation instead. Afterwards, I enabled data grouping for the ParentID field and it was automatically ordered by descending the total number of records with the same ParentID field.
image.png.ad8e812d5a6d9b84c9a8bf1a5b404e80.pngimage.png.07bcfd8d75f36d35f48d766b028a67ff.png

This will create an extra field on the table though but if you dont mind it then I think it a good workaround for now.

If anyone has a better solution for this kindly share it with us.