Column headers and rows (10x12)

PGonCaspio

Question

I'd like to know if this is possible...

I'd like to have a form with roughly (10) columns with a column header on top of each; and (12) rows, one for each month, that would form a block of unlabeled fields.

See the image below:

Half of the columns will be populated automatically by data from salesforce, and the remaining columns would be calculated fields.  User editing for this page would be rare so I'm not worried about the page being too wide. Is there a clever way to do this?

Cheers,

PG

image.thumb.png.0535ab1bb42b8020b232dce0d676fcab.png

1 answer to this question

Hello @PGonCaspio,

This can be achieved with some modifications to the Submission form.

And, firstly, I would like to add that the DataPage should be non-responsive since it will not display correctly on mobile devices.

1) Here is the sample table design that I created in my account (3 fields for January and 3 fields for February just to test the approach):

OtQsVMo.png

2) On the Submission form, for January fields, you can change the label and leave only the field name without mentioning the month name as shown on the screenshot. 

9FnKGbn.png

Then, on the Advanced tab, you may select the Label position as Top and check the "Continue next element on the same line" checkbox. So, the next field will be on the same line.

0Tua9PZ.png

These actions should be done for all January fields. Only for the last one do not check the "Continue next element on the same line" checkbox.

3) For February fields (and other months in your example) you may remove the labels at all. However, on the Advanced tab select the label position as Top since the label is present as an element in the layout even if you remove it. If you leave it as Left, the fields will be shifted a little bit. 

Check the  "Continue next element on the same line" checkbox for all the fields except for the last one in each month. 

4) To add the name of the month you may add the HTML block as the first element in each line, write the month name there and check the  "Continue next element on the same line" checkbox.

5) As a result, the form has the following view in the Caspio Bridge account

8JgNwxb.png

And this is how it looks for the end-user

feS6bx4.png

Feel free to update this thread in case you have additional questions.