Very slow response time for Single Record Update DataPage

Bryan

Question

I have set up 2 pages that can update a record.

One page is a Details page in Tabular Reports DataPage. It has about 57 fields on it. When I click on the 'Update' button, the time it takes to validate the page is less that 1 second. The screen load time is very similar.

The other page is a Single Record Update Forms DataPage. It has about 96 fields on it. When I click on the 'Update' button, the time it takes to validate this page is about 82 seconds. The screen load time is very similar. If I remove the fields from this page the response seems to go down proportionally to the number of fields on the page.

Both pages refer to same table using the same fields, except the 2nd DataPage has almost 40 extra fields.

Is anyone able help me work out how to get the response time on the 2nd DataPage without having to remove the fields? Thank you. 

3 answers to this question

I have decided that the Single Record Update Forms DataPage that contains ~96 fields could just as easily go onto a Details page in another Tabular Reports DataPage. It's not the ideal solution that I would have liked but it's workable. I think, at least for me, I'll be avoiding the Single Record Update Forms DataPage for anything with more than about 15 fields on it.

Hi @Bryan, there are many factors why you encountered slowness on your update datapage. One of them, as you have mentioned, is the number of fields. You also might have a several cascading and calculated values that can also affect. You can try clearing the cache on your browser and check if the issue still persists. You can also try to use another browser.

For best practices, you may refer here: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/best-practices-in-creating-caspio-applications/.

-Potato

Thank you @PotatoMato for looking into this and offering suggestions. There are no cascading or calculated values on the DataPage. I have tried clearing the cache and a different browser as you suggested. However, I still get the same long response time when using the Single Record Update Forms DataPage.