Back button from detail to search

Daryl

Question

I am using a standard Tabular report with a search that gives me a list of contacts.  I have included a detail page to modify a selected contact.  On the detail page there is a Back button that returns me to the search page with the results I had when I left. 

I also have a Submission form linked to the search results.  I would like to put the same type of Back button on the submission form that is on the detail page so that I can return to the search page with the results I had when I left.  How would I do this?

4 answers to this question

This code returns me to the search page, but with no results.  It does not return me to the page with the search results I had when I left the page.  

I'm trying to duplicate the 'Back' button that is used on the Detail page rendered by Caspio automatically.   That page contains:  Update, Delete, Back buttons.  

I want to use the Back button functionality on a different form.   Any ideas?

I think the reason why it is returning no results is because you technically left the DataPage when you accessed the Submission form since it is not a part of that Search and Report DP. Thus, clearing the search parameters that you have used. I believe you can use a pop-up tab for the submission form instead so the Search form would not close. You can create a simple pop-up link using their link generator in this article: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/how-to-generate-link-menus-and-popup-windows/

Or, if you do not want pop-up tabs, you can  maybe pass the search field's value as parameters using the "On Exit" in the advanced tab, create a button in the submission form that redirects back to the tabular report and use query string values to pass the parameters back. Then enable "On load, receive" on the search fields so it will get the same values searched earlier. However, you will still need to hit the "Search" button to apply these search values. 

The button can be made as something like this :
<button onClick="window.location.href='https://datapagedeployURL.com?parameters=[@parameters]';">  
Back
</button>