Use Formula Field Value with Duplicates to In Another Field with the Nth Iteration Indicated

cordova

Question

Hi,

I want to create a formula field (that puts last name and first name next to each other) and set this as unique, but I can’t seem to make this unique since apparently some of my records have the same first name and last name. Is there a way for me to mark each duplicate records with their nth iteration? For example:

First_Name         Last_Name         Complete_Name              Complete_Name_Nth_Iteration

John                      Doe                       JohnDoe                             JohnDoe

John                      Doe                       JohnDoe                             JohnDoe2

John                      Doe                       JohnDoe                             JohnDoe3

If ever I was able to make the Complete_Name_Nth_Iteration, I could then finally set that field to unique, but I’m not sure how to achieve this.

1 answer to this question

You can do this with the use of Task so it checks all the existing records and create the Complete_Name_Nth_Iteration value for each record.

image.thumb.png.7ccf0eec5750c593633813994756c578.png

image.png.318b865d0f11753b651d3694ca9f7183.png

You can then set this new field into unique. However, since this action is ran using a Task, it does not ensure that newly inserted records will have a Combined_Name_Nth_Iteration value (and since Unique fields cannot be null), so what you can do next is create a Triggered Action that creates the Combined_Name_Nth_Iteration for every inserted data.

image.png.7da8dec1c6941030218783b7231629f5.png