Two SUBMIT buttons?

JohnM

Question

On the last page of the Web Form Wizard for a Submission Form, we can set the “Destination after record submit:” — return to the same page, go to another DataPage, etc.

How could I create two SUBMIT buttons? One would return the user to the same page. The other would Submit the data for the current form and then take the user to another DataPage.

2 answers to this question

Hi @JohnM, this should be possible through some HTML and CSS.

First, hide your original submit button by pasting the CSS code below in your Footer. Also, your destination after record submit should be 'Same form'.

<style>
.cbSubmitButton {
 display: none !important;
}
</style>

Then, add an HTML block after the last field then paste the code below. Make sure to click the Source button before pasting. These codes will create the 2 buttons. Just replace the URL values with the URL of your submission form and other DataPage you want your user to be redirected after submit.

<input class="cbUpdateButton" name="Submit" onclick="window.location.href = 'Submission_URL';" type="submit" value="Submit" /> 

<input class="cbUpdateButton" name="Submit" onclick="window.location.href = 'OtherDataPage_URL';" type="submit" value="New Page" />

image.png.e6fdf9e7f92e5390c9155a358bb0e667.png

You will notice that I used the class for Update button since we already hide the original submit button using its class and I did this to replicate the style of original submit button.

Here is my sample submission form: https://c0hcv332.caspio.com/dp/3b439000aa65d001578a4bfb965d