Regarding constraint on date

Harpreet

Question

I want my customer should only select the from last monday only not before that.  Whenver new week came the last day to select is from last monday to now. How should I do that. 

AND if you are suggesting me html code. Please also tell me the instructions where should I put these codes as I am new to Caspio.

As Today is Thursday all dates before 25 should disappear.

image.png.90154586e395cf732faacb2834f44368.png

5 answers to this question

Hi @Harpreet,

am i right in understanding that you want to prevent your users from selecting previous dates from last week, correct? so only the monday of the current week and the future dates should be selected.

I did this workaround where I created another date field wherein the popup calendar blocks the previous date from the previous weeks. 

https://c1hch576.caspio.com/dp/db26a0007065f385f52745b28b16

What i did was add an HTML block and paste this:

Date : <input id="date_picker" type="date" onchange="myFunction()">

This is going to act like a substitute for the actual date field. You would need to hide the actual date field by setting the form element to "Hidden"

Add a Header and Footer. Disable the HTML editor for both. On the Header, paste the ff:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

On the Footer, paste the ff:

<script language="javascript">

function myFunction() {
  var x = document.getElementById("date_picker").value;
var myarr = x.split("-");
var samedate =  myarr[1] + "/" + myarr[2] + "/" + myarr[0];
  document.getElementById("InsertRecordField_Date").value = samedate;
}

function getMonday(d) {
  d = new Date(d);
  var day = d.getDay(),
      diff = d.getDate() - day + (day == 0 ? -6:1); // adjust when day is sunday
  return new Date(d.setDate(diff));
}

let yourDate = getMonday(new Date())
    $('#date_picker').attr('min', yourDate.toISOString().split('T')[0]);

</script>

Wherein "InsertRecordField_Date" refers to my actual date field. Change the "Field_Date" to whatever is the name of your actual field date. Keep the "InsertRecord" prefix.

Basically what transpires is, your user is actually going to see the date field you added instead of your actual date field, and what the script I provided is going to do is, whatever date a user selects on the substitute field, that date will also be placed on the actual date field. The script also ensures that the previous dates from previous weeks cannot be selected on the substitute field's calendar popup, and that only the monday of the current week onwards are available. 

When they hit Submit, the date should still reflect on your table.

Hey @futurist how can i make this field manadatory. and the view in the phone screen didn't display the box for date selection AND IF i SELECT THE CALENDER IT WILL ALLOW ME TO SELECT OTHER DATES WHICH ARE PROHIBITED BUT THE FORM GOT SUBMITTED AND THE DATE IS NOT AVAILABLE THERE(IF A USER SELCT THE PROHIBITED DATE)

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkAGZjMmQ2ZDYxLTBiNTAtNDVlZS04N2I3LTFkNTQ2MjgwNjg5ZgBGAAAAAADJcXxvKL4zSrkKnAPuFwBGBwCZg1kd0SnFQauGeoI1Jn6PAAAAAAEMAACZg1kd0SnFQauGeoI1Jn6PAAAUIUehAAABEgAQAGZGWctL34FFoxze9uBj1dQ%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.NVKFJbwOs-wAyZwnXN6m7h7XsBdJq5hMcfFsgS0TJM12twXkM-ITZmF9iptjZvFzZuFVjWO1CUEM8vq2AAYw3u_e2-qzBdayMw4bL1rs6QyvzO-LhfEatShf-cY3rQbchwi5IJ38CUsk4FwVguMIpD-9y9T1pYSXIda2mkxStz7KLw2GAz6sOeK6X9ieW1BGapFgCmwcvpKO7-uIc79v58VFh6pdCO5fBKWEgn2tpQgRZYhkjGGo5rJW6u7nQda3A7AdIfagz9-Tu5JGUat33Ymizz-Vrnl6gzG56Yu7WnXxWsxvALq_tiZzs0Izxb-Kmg9YSBvS5Hn8oeVBJ0_-2g&X-OWA-CANARY=9Wf3EhJEWUSJ-dYosihW0IDqnb76NNoYfNqcGAXxC5Z9DDQiVLgVed01srZBolJYRHm1vIRXVr8.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20220506008.23&animation=true

Hi! - Just wanted to share this solution. If you want to save and restrict/disable Date. You may use an external JS library called flatpickr: https://flatpickr.js.org/getting-started/ 

To apply in the DataPage, follow these steps:

1. Insert Header and Footer. In the Footer, insert the code below. Make sure to disable first the HTML Editor in the Advanced Tab.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/flatpickr/dist/flatpickr.min.css">

<!-- jQuery -->
  <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
 <!--  Flatpickr  -->
  <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/flatpickr"></script>

<script>

$("#InsertRecordAppointment").flatpickr({
    dateFormat: "d/m/Y",
    altInput: true,
    altFormat: "m/d/Y",
    disable: [
        {
            to: "31-10-2022"
        }
    ]
});

</script>

Optional: You can insert this Style/CSS in the Header to change the font based on your DataPage's style.

<style>

.flatpickr-calendar {

font-family: system-ui !important;

}

</style>

To know the formats, you can check them here: https://flatpickr.js.org/formatting/

enableTime - you are enabling time to the picker
dateFormat - format of the date that will be saved in the table. Caspio only accepts MM/DD/YYYY format in the table.
disable: range of date that you would like to disable - format will be based on the the dateFormat 

If you want to have a different display in the Text Field when selecting Date and Time, you can add altInput. altInput hides your original input and creates a new one.

Upon date selection, the original input will contain a m/d/Y H:i string, while the altInput will display the date in a more legible, customizable format.

Example:

$("#DATETIMEFIELD").flatpickr({
    enableTime: true,
    dateFormat: "m/d/Y H:i",
    altInput: true,
    altFormat: "F j, Y H:i"
});

IMPORTANT Note: Uncheck the Calendar pop-up in the field to apply the flatpickr.

image.png

Result:

image.png