Displaying labels in a user submit form for the "display only" fields

Jodie

Question

This seems like it should be a simple task, but I can't find the answer.
I have a view combining two data fields - both using the exact same 1 to 10 rating scale with an important label to describe performance for each value. I can get the label to display for the table that is set to be updated, but I can't set the label on the other table field because it's display only. The only solution I can come up with is to remove the number scale and use only words, but I need the numbers for an underlying algorithm. I can see how I would do this in any statistical database, but I can't figure out an option here. Any ideas would be appreciated!

1 answer to this question

This was an easy fix and I learned to pay very close attention to my typing...  In case anyone else ever has the same trouble, this was the sql I used in my calculated field.

SELECT label FROM lookup_ratingtable
WHERE lookuprating =target.[@field:myactivetablefield]

Effectively the code chooses the label description from my lookup table where the rating in the lookup table matches the target for the particular field. It is an easy solution - but I just need to make so many of these to a form.