Search for multiple values in one field and return all results

scavjas

Question

Hello all,

Not sure if this is even possible, but I'm looking to have the ability to enter multiple values into a single field and return all results that match any of those values.   Basically, I want to do this https://forums.caspio.com/topic/20338-multiple-search-fields/?do=findComment&comment=58014 without having to set up separate criteria.

Use case is that someone will have a spreadsheet with 10 entries they want to confirm status of, and it would be easier to copy and paste once rather than 10 times (once for each value).

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Hello @scavjas,

Are you planning to search the values for one field only? Like for example, you would like to search for records in Column A with values Q, W, E, R, T and Y. Is that correct?

If that is correct, your format in Search field should be Q OR W OR E OR R OR T OR Y. Each value should be separated by OR.

To add 'OR' automatically, you need to use two DataPages. One is Submission Form that will act as the Search Form, and a Reports DataPage.

You can refer to this article for more details:

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/how-to-separate-search-page-and-results-page-into-two-different-webpages/

Basically, you will have virtual fields in the Submission Form. One Virtual Field is for replacing spaces in the values to OR. 

Screenshot_126.png

In the Advanced Tab, you can hide this Calculated Value, and pass the parameter to the Reports DataPage.

Screenshot_127.png

For the configuration of the Reports DataPage, you can follow the steps provided in the article above.

Hope this helps!

On 11/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, cheonsa said:

Hello @scavjas,

Are you planning to search the values for one field only? Like for example, you would like to search for records in Column A with values Q, W, E, R, T and Y. Is that correct?

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  I did not know you could put operators in the search field and that is exactly what I needed.  I will be attempting to implement  the virtual field to automatically add the "OR" based on your instructions soon.