I want to restrict no of records in the table on base of user input

Mushigee2266

Question

I am developing a stock input form. The scenario is as follows

1. I will receive a big packet from company which consist of many items in it. This number can vary. and every item has its own ID.  Now I have input from to receive this packet. 

2. I want to add some logic on the form that when user open the box he will add number of items for example he add 7 itmes. Seven rows on the datapge is automatically created to record their IDs. User should not been able to add more then 7 or even less then seven items, Similarly if user enter 12 number of items the form should allow him 12 enteries not more or less than 12.

please help me in this regard

1 answer to this question

On 11/20/2022 at 9:55 AM, Mushigee2266 said:

I am developing a stock input form. The scenario is as follows

1. I will receive a big packet from company which consist of many items in it. This number can vary. and every item has its own ID.  Now I have input from to receive this packet. 

2. I want to add some logic on the form that when user open the box he will add number of items for example he add 7 itmes. Seven rows on the datapge is automatically created to record their IDs. User should not been able to add more then 7 or even less then seven items, Similarly if user enter 12 number of items the form should allow him 12 enteries not more or less than 12.

please help me in this regard

Hello!

You can create a Triggered Actions to automatically insert multiple records in the Table. Triggered Actions allow data manipulation, calculations and sending notifications by constructing application logic with a visual interface. They will be executed on specified events to perform actions on data in your tables. Changes in one table can affect data in other tables.

asa.png

https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/