Can you update multiple rows to a table from one datapage?

hollberg

Question

I'm working on an online ordering system, and I want to allow customers to order an arbitrary number of unique items in each order. Because I need to capture the SKU, quantity and price charged for each item, I need to be able to create a new row in an an \"Order_Details\" table for EACH item in the order.

Is there a way to post multiple new rows to a database table from a single webform datapage? I know I could redirect them back to an identical webform datapage after each submission to have them enter the next item, but I'd really like to have them enter all items on one page at the same time.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions on how to implement this.

Mitch

2 answers to this question

Hi @hollberg,

As of July 27, 2017, Caspio introduced a beta feature of Triggered action which you can find here: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-9-8/
And on October 4, 2017 Caspio released the version Caspio 9.9 that includes their new feature, Triggered Actions.

This allows you to create and execute a specified data events (i.e. insert, update or delete) to perform additional data changes and complex data calculations on the same table and other tables.

Check this video for more information:

For more information/tutorial about Triggers, you may check it here: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

I hope this helps!