Cascading Dropdown Size

crisraguilar

Question

I added the java script below to my form which is a great solution to limiting the size of a particular field. The problem is that it doesnt quit work for what I am doing because a job applicant (or someone wanting to create a resume) will want to see the whole objective to know if it fits them.

Please check out my form at the link i have below. Goto the bottom of the form and you will see that I am using cascading dropdowns for "job application Objectives". Only half of the value shows up due to the script. If I leave out the script then the field pops over to the right and causes a scroll bar (which is very awkward).

The only thing I can think of is to add some sort of line break (or paragraph break) in each field of my table so that the obective will be shown on two lines but I dont know how to do this and am not sure if it would work.

currently my table has data that looks like this:

Seeking a position as an Administrative Assistant where extensive experience and superior organization skills will be fully utilized.

Enthusiastic, experienced executive assistant with five years extensive training in providing office support to senior executives.

what I envision might work:

Seeking a position as an Administrative Assistant where extensive (line or paragraph break)

experience and superior organization skills will be fully utilized.

Enthusiastic, experienced executive assistant with five years extensive (line or paragraph break)

training in providing office support to senior executives.

Does anyone know how to add a line break (or paragraph beak) OR have any other ideas on how to solve this issue?

Cris

document.getElementsByName("InsertRecordObjectiveDetailMain")[0].style.width = "600px";

http://jobaim.com/JobAim_Application.html

1 answer to this question