How to make search results link back to search form

tbarmann

Question

Hi,

I have a database with these fields: player, season, position, batting_order, link ... and a few more fields.

I have set up a search and report that allows searching by three fields: player, season and position. The criteria is set to OR.

The results page displays all the matching records. The details page contains more info on a particular player.

Everything works great. My question is how to I use the search results to execute a new search?

In other words, on the details page, I want the user to be able to click on the player's name and have that automatically search through the database again, searching through the player field for a match, and display the results page.

I see how to pass parameters to an outside url, but I can't find any information on how one might pass parameters back to the Caspio search form.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

3 answers to this question

Hello Tim,

You can pass parameters from details page using query string inside an HTML block, for example:

[@field:FIELDNAME]

This link will pass the player name to the page search.htm page where this Search/Report DataPage is deployed.

In the Configure Search Fields screen of the wizard you need to enable receive paremeter with the name parameter name defined in the link above, in this example parameter name is "player" so the receive parameter box contains [@player]

Best,

Bahar M.

Hi,

Just want to add to the previous comment above, Caspio has a new feature that can display Both Search form and results page on the same page without redirecting the results page back again in the Search form. When you create Report DataPages, you can now choose to automatically display the search form and the search results on the same screen. By displaying the search form above results page, you improve the usability of your applications by eliminating the extra step of users clicking back to the search form each time they want to edit the search criteria.

You can refer to this link for more reference: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/creating-a-report-datapage/#SearchForm

I hope that  helps too. :)