Trying to show results from 1 entry from a table along with multiple entries from a second joined table.

jnordstrand

Question

Greetings,

I have a data base that creates inspections.  The main information on the inspection Date, Time, Inspector, Etc, is stored in one table.  The Findings are stored in another.  I need my Data Page Details to show the information from the Inspection from Table One as well as the findings listed below that as well.  

Thank you,

Jeff

4 answers to this question

Are the two tables linked with a relationship, perhaps a one-to-amny relatonship? If they are you cn easily create a view that combined the two tables, and the create a report where are relavant data are linked, provided your parent table has a primary key that is linked as a foreign key to the findings table. 

Table Inspections

• Inspections_PK (random id field)

Table findings

• Findings _PK
  • Inspections_FK (same value as the parent table Inspection_PK)

When creating a view, the view will create the inner join automatixally for you to approve.

Hope it helps a little..

KG

17 hours ago, KG360 said:

Are the two tables linked with a relationship, perhaps a one-to-amny relatonship? If they are you cn easily create a view that combined the two tables, and the create a report where are relavant data are linked, provided your parent table has a primary key that is linked as a foreign key to the findings table. 

Table Inspections

• Inspections_PK (random id field)

Table findings

• Findings _PK
  • Inspections_FK (same value as the parent table Inspection_PK)

When creating a view, the view will create the inner join automatixally for you to approve.

Hope it helps a little..

KG

I agree with this. The best way is to create View to display multiple tables in one DataPage. Just keep in mind that Views only allow one table to be editable if you are looking to use Views in an updateable DataPage or submission forms.

See this article if you need screenshots for reference: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/what-are-views/creating-a-view-to-join-tables/

This does help and I believe that I was close.  Now I need to create a report that shows the information from one table as well as the multiple lines of information from the linked table.  Envision a Home inspection.  The customer information on top and the different entries and findings listed under.  Each of those are generated from a linked table.

Thank you,

Hi @jnordstrand - If what you are saying is that you don't want the connected information between tables to be on the same row and just underneath from one another, then I think you need to create different report per table connection and deploy them on a single page which filter by connection field or just have a link that redirects to the other report with the connected table. 

Similar to this: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/results-and-details-on-two-separate-web-pages/