Need to set a checkbox to YES based on a number field entry on update

Kurtmc

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @Kurtmc,

You may use a Triggered Action on your table to set that. Also feel free to use the configuration I've made below: 

This will automatically assign a YES value on your data if the field is equal to 0.

image.png.5def606bb6e7a4631dd9de9e161ae455.png

If you don't want the Triggered Action to run upon the insert of data you can remove it on the run actions:

image.png.8f1ab413201e2f16273b6146f6d1745d.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

I tried something similar to that prior and your triggered action. My problem is that I have a triggered action to automatically assign a unique number based on the month and year. When I change that to "insert and update" it changes that unique number on the update

On 1/9/2023 at 4:18 PM, Kurtmc said:

Thanks,

I tried something similar to that prior and your triggered action. My problem is that I have a triggered action to automatically assign a unique number based on the month and year. When I change that to "insert and update" it changes that unique number on the update

Hi @Kurtmc,

Instead of "Insert and Update", create a separate Trigger that runs on Update only, and apply the condition provided by Kronos. In that sense, only the specified field will be updated.

Hope this helps!

To achieve this functionality, you can use conditional logic in your programming code or form builder tool. Here's a general example of how you can set up a checkbox to display "YES" if the field value is "0" upon an update:

Identify the field that will contain the eight-digit number or "0" value.
Set up an event or trigger that is fired upon an update or change in that field.
In the event or trigger code, check the value of the field.
If the value is "0", set the checkbox field to be checked or marked as "YES".
If the value is not "0", uncheck the checkbox field or mark it as "NO".