Restrict Data in View by Field in User Table

JosephBaxter

Question

So, here's what I'm trying to do:

1. I have a table of Organizations with unique IDs.
  2. I have a table of Users (from Authentications) with an added field for a relationship with the Organization ID.
  3. I have a third table of Members that also has a relationship with the Organization ID.

I would like the individual users with an Organization ID to only see the Members who have the SAME Organization ID.  So that any given user could only add or edit members from their own organization.  Make sense?

I thought I would try to filter this in a View and maybe a little SQL...  and then build a form off of that View.  But it doesn't seem to work that way...  Am I not seeing something or am I just going down the wrong path (i.e. there's a better way)?

1 answer to this question

13 hours ago, JosephBaxter said:

So, here's what I'm trying to do:

1. I have a table of Organizations with unique IDs.
  2. I have a table of Users (from Authentications) with an added field for a relationship with the Organization ID.
  3. I have a third table of Members that also has a relationship with the Organization ID.

I would like the individual users with an Organization ID to only see the Members who have the SAME Organization ID.  So that any given user could only add or edit members from their own organization.  Make sense?

I thought I would try to filter this in a View and maybe a little SQL...  and then build a form off of that View.  But it doesn't seem to work that way...  Am I not seeing something or am I just going down the wrong path (i.e. there's a better way)?

Hi @JosephBaxter, you can apply Record Level Security in the DataPage. You can check this article for more details:

https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/authentication/record-level-security/record-level-security/