Granular record acces: is this impossible?

vidierre

Question

I have to build an app where a local manager has to see all data of al offices in his territory and operators, assigned to offices by their manager, has to see data of their office. This is quite easy using data restrictions available in datapages and ad hoc fields into profiles.

The issue raise with the requirement to have some operators that has to be assigned to more than one office. All solutions that I had able to think became a big limitation to app flexibility.

Anyone has some idea?

1 answer to this question

On 2/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, vidierre said:

I have to build an app where a local manager has to see all data of al offices in his territory and operators, assigned to offices by their manager, has to see data of their office. This is quite easy using data restrictions available in datapages and ad hoc fields into profiles.

The issue raise with the requirement to have some operators that has to be assigned to more than one office. All solutions that I had able to think became a big limitation to app flexibility.

Anyone has some idea?

Since there is no contribution so far and it seems a usecase that should be frequent, I want add details to the scenario.

We have more Agencies where each of them is acting like a tenant. Each Agency can have more offices where a kind of workproducts are handled. This is shaped into three tables.

Agen-Off.thumb.png.6e39b5328f7c0bb1e7edda51543b776b.png

Wkpd.thumb.png.59bcf66c104fb55a5c6e0e86f10ad705.png

On these data I need to allow access to all workproducts of one agency to an Agency Manager. At the sametime office's employees have to access only to workproducts related to an office.
These two scenario are shaped into the following pic:

PIc1-2.thumb.png.5a8970e7143e9bf50745e697f35f23f7.png

This can easily obtained using different datapages (sigh...) for Agency Manager and Office Employees that filter records on some fileds into their profiles.

Usr.thumb.png.2da3443284000f4d7fd267da27d8cc1b.png

BUT the issue arise with the third scenario where, employees on one agency has to work with more than one office workproduct, like described in the following pic:

PIc3.thumb.png.1764b864fda6c447720fad0ecd9620a5.pngSome employees has to work on more than one office's workproducts.
As far as I can understand the only methods available with caspio to filter records are:

1. Restrict record access based on user identity - But it can be done only by matching Identity field in Authentication table with one field into the datasource. There is no possibility to use differents operators between these two field (i.e. XOR)
  2. Limit lookup values based on user identity - Used only into dropdown fields and having the same limitations ov previous.

Anyone hase been faced with this issue?
Are others methods available that I missed?